Evening all! This is just a wee quick one tonight to tell you two things. I've been off work today with the flu and am still feeling rather ropey. I'm sure a good night's sleep and some lemsip will help. Anyhoo, what I wanted to say was this. I'm doing the Shoeper Shoe Challenge this year! I did start in on the last one but sort of tailed off, but this year Amber has rallied the troops, and it's official. See the badge, there, on the right? That's how serious I am. Anyway, in the spirit of things today I counted up my shoes and photographed them:
All my children. I mean, all my SHOES
I have 32 pairs of shoes going into the challenge. Only 31 in the picture, because I've lent a pair to a friend. That number isn't too heinous, although if my little flat could talk it would probably beg me not to buy any more shoes. The challenge officially starts on the 14th February, and if you feel like joining in you should visit Shoeperwoman to find out more.
The other thing is that the other evening the lovely Emma of Ol Green Eyes gave me a Stylish Blogger award. The rules are to link back to the person who awarded it to you, tell 7 facts about yourself and nominate 7 others for the award. So here are your 7 things about me.
1. I can't remember if I've mentioned this before on here or what, but I can't swim. I'm not all that interested in learning, either. I don't like getting water on my face and would never go to the swimming pool anyway.
2. If Nic and I have been to the pub, or if we've even had a few drinks in the house there always comes a point when we put on our Kate Bush records and wig out. I am especially fond of miming and dancing along to Wuthering Heights. If Nic and I get married, this would totally be the first dance at our wedding. I am always drunkenly grateful to have found a man who loves Kate Bush as much as I do.
This video is such an inspiration to me
3. I get angry, like really angry when I hear someone whistling. Especially if it's one of those where the person is not even whistling a tune. There was a man on my train the other morning who just periodically whistled one piercing note. Why do people do this? I wanted to scream at him.
4. One of my chief pleasures in life is singing along to the theme tunes of the TV shows Nic and I watch on DVD. Especially NYPD Blue.
5. I don't fancy Johnny Depp, I think David Tennant has an extraordinarily slap-able face and watching Glee made me want to stick pins in my eyes. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me.
6. Watching The Wire the other night I realised what one of my biggest problems is: Giving a fuck when it ain't my turn to give a fuck. I'm working on rectifying that.
7. I love potatoes. I know it's a cliche, but I really do. I was genuinely sad when I realised that morning that Saturday was International Potato Day (or something), and I missed it!
Okay, now it's my turn to pass this award onto seven other stylish bloggers. Drum roll please...
1. Louise from Princess Prudence Diaries. She's a dandy highwayman with an excellent eye for the charity shops.
2. Denise from Love on the Streets. She's only just started to take outfit shots, but I think she's very stylish indeed. Not to mention the fact that the girl can bake. My word!
3. Arlene of All Picture No Sound. In a former life she was a dress junkie.
4. Mitr Friend - Bhushavali of The Fashion Panache, a beautiful blogger who also sews.
5. Kerry of Kestrel Finds and Makes. I wish I had her mad knitting skillz! Also her take on the Colette Patterns Crepe is the prettiest one I've seen yet, it's made me think I want to make one too.
6. Cat of Tea And Feathers. I love love LOVE her outfit shots, but even more than that I always really enjoy her thoughtful and intelligent writing.
7. Alex of Tabitha's Tales. She is just so pretty and stylish!
That's me for this evening. I'm away for a lemsip x