Well, this week work has gone mad. I'm working 14 hour days and I will be next week as well. I haven't got a great deal of time for blogging or doing anything right now except for coming home, having my dinner and going to bed - boo! It isn't forever, though, so I'm trying to stay cheery. And Amber is right, when it gets tough it's time to bust out the lists.
1. As I said above, work is mental and I'm trying hard to keep my spirits up. One of the things that's been helping me to do this is the fact that I have learned so much. I'm working on Mathematics exams, and that's by no means my subject, but I have learned a great deal over the past few months. This has meant that I have been able to make a proper contribution to the construction of the papers, and this is very satisfying.
2. Right now I am finding it impossible to dress appropriately for the temperature - it's cold when I leave the house in the morning, and when I'm on the train. It's bloody tropical in the office in London, especially as the meeting rooms I'm working in have a very eccentric heating system. By the time I'm getting on the tube to come home I'm like a menopausal woman.
3. My friends are awesome. I don't think I need to say much more than that - but, you guys - you rock.
4. When my mind wanders in meetings it's because I'm thinking about buying red shoes. I hold Caroline partly responsible for this, but as I'm a bad influence on her I think this is only fair.
5. I'm reading An Unsuitable Attachment by Barbara Pym, which I was delighted to find in Oxfam Books last week. It is excellent.
6. I've been rewatching Phoenix Nights and I love Ray Von:
7. Also, we've been watching Lewis and it's surprisingly excellent.
8. Hotmail stole the idea Dave and I came up with for our workout DVD The World Is My Chin-Up Bar: